16 Sep All that You Have to Know About the Birth of Tacos
Taco is a Mexican dish that came into existence in the 1900s. However, there are certain records that believe that this dish might have existed even in the 1500s. So this is not a dish that is new to the world, but only now the reach is better. Taco is a western dish. People of the east aren’t accustomed to something as Tacos. But now this dish is being prepared all over the world.
The dish is primarily made up of tortillas, cheese, and jalapeno. There are different types of Tacos. The difference between each one of them is because of the fillings that are stuffed inside and the garnishing that is used to top the Taco. Taco is a name that also meant Spanish as per olden English literary translations. This food is usually consumed as a snack rather than a meal.
Now there are more interesting things than their origin. There are certain fun facts that you haven’t probably heard before. So let’s get to see some of the fun facts about tacos.
Fun Facts about Tacos:
- Did you know that Americans celebrate National Tacos Day every year on 4th of every October? Yes, there is a National day that is celebrated for a dish.
- Probably they have all rights to own Tacos because more than 4 Billion tacos are consumed every year by Americans
- There is also a legend that believes the dish was designed and consumed by mine workers. They named this food Taco, and for the same reason, the word ‘Taco’ means a ‘Wad’ or a ‘Plug’ in Mexican.
- Tacos are widely considered as a vegetarian dish, and meat improvisations came be made to the dish as per the preference of the person who consumes the dish. However, contrary to this fact tacos are closely associated with fish.
- The first tacos were all consumed along with fish and also the birthplace of taco is believed to be Ensenada. Ensenada is closely associated with consumption of fish.
- The World’s Biggest Taco was 246 feet long, and it was made in the year 2011.
- Taco Bell is an American Fast Food Restaurant that is best known the Tacos they make. Taco Bell has branches in more than 7000 places across the globe.
- Chava Flores, a famous singer, once wrote and sang a song about Tacos called “La Taquiza.”
- The goodness of Taco Bell doesn’t end with producing the best tacos in the world, the founder of Taco Bell also invented a preformed taco shell that is U-shaped. This helps a person eat the dish without much difficulty.
These facts very clearly state the liking that people have towards Tacos. Today one need not have to go all the way to a restaurant or a fast food shop to have Tacos. They can be easily prepared at home with the stuff that is available. Now ready-made Tacos chips are also available in different flavors according to the taste of the consumers.